How to Connect with Nature Spirits
As we’ve talked about before (check out my previous post here), our spirit guides can come from all different realms, and depending on which realm we are from, we may connect more easily to specific forms of spirit.
I am from the elemental realm (actually a hybrid of elemental and a few others...But elemental shows strongly in me). What that means is that I am really connected to the earth energies. Some of the things that we hear about in the elemental realm are fairies and elves, sprites, nymphs, devas, and so on - but nature spirits also include the spirit of the trees and the plants and the grass and everything that is alive in nature and that has its own auric field.
Let’s start with the realm of the plants and animals. Every tree, every flower, every herb, every blade of grass has an energy field around it. I remember the first time I saw energy around plants even though I was still pretty shut down at the time. I was on an amazing tour, a backpacking trip through South America and I was doing a three day hike along the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu. I remember getting up to this crest over a huge valley and looking out, and I remember that I saw the entire mountain side pulsing with energy…
To be clear, there was no ayahuasca on this trip!
It was one of the most beautiful things that I had ever seen, and that pushed me into a much deeper connection with nature because I really saw the life force energy within it. One of the things that I love about it is that when you're working with nature, you can really feel the pulse of it. You can feel the energy of it if you slow down long enough to pay attention to it.
Have you ever heard the term “tree hugger”? Typically people use this term in a derogatory manner towards those who protest deforestation and land clearing, but for those who understand the power of tree energy, there is so much more to tree hugging!
One of the things that I love about tree energy is that the trees really want to interact with us. They are very healing. They really work with humans and with their environment to create the most highly vibrational environment that they can. There are scientific studies that have proven true health benefits to being a tree hugger, like the study discussed here: “The author points to a number of studies that have shown that children show significant psychological and physiological improvement in terms of their health and well being when they interact with plants and trees.”
Check out the video below to learn more about the natural realms and how you can connect to the nature spirits that are all around you!
Ready to reap the benefits of connecting with nature spirits?
Here are some ways you can connect with the spirits and vibrations of nature…
- Try the simplest way - hug a tree! If it feels a little weird to hug a tree in the middle of a busy city park, try to get out of the city space - go on a hike or take a short trip to your nearest forest and a find a tree that speaks to you.
- Give grounding a try! You may also hear this referred to as “earthing.” You can do this right outside your doorstep, no need to venture to the forest. Remove your shoes and socks and simply feel yourself “ground” into the earth. This is also a wonderful way to meditate!
- Sunbathe (safely, of course!)... simply sitting in the sun is a wonderful way to begin feeling nature’s pulse. You know the sun provides Vitamin D - proof again of nature’s healing abilities!
- Hold it - a stone, some dirt, a crystal - when you take natural elements into your hands and open to the energy they are conducting, you can begin to experience what this is all about!
- Tune into the subtle energy of the tree or plant. Using your palms, hold the intention of feeling the energy field around it. You might feel it, see it or have another sense of it. Notice how you feel in it and if anything shifts once you become consciously aware of what it is radiating.
If you are having a difficult time feeling the connection with nature, don’t beat yourself up! Just keep trying - stay open minded and release any expectations, which is usually what blocks us from recognizing our connection to spirit. Just relax and receive…
Give these tips a try and connect with me in the comments under the video!
Sending you so much love,