How to Survive the Holidays as an Empath
For many of us, the last couple months of the year are full of family gatherings, holiday celebrations, company parties, and dinners with friends. And for empaths and highly sensitive people, this means that it can also be full of anxiety and overwhelm.
We find ourselves in situations where we have to deal with crowds and be in a lot of environments that can be really challenging. There are several things we can do to help us thrive during all of the holiday excitement, and it all starts with a strong foundation in your self care…
Make sure that you are:
- Getting enough rest
- Spending time outside (yes, even if the temperature is dropping!)
- Enjoying epsom salt baths
- Taking time to be alone
With a strong self care foundation, you will be in the best place to use your other tools during all of these high energy activities.
Here are 5 things that will help you thrive during holiday events…
- Tune into the space/energy before you leave your home (your safe space) to determine what you might need.
- Give yourself an out - drive separately from other family/friends and let the host know that you have other plans, but will stay as long as you are able to.
- Plan to take some essential oils with you that will help ground you - my favorites are Frankincense, Vetiver, Spruce, or Balsam Fir.
- Give yourself permission to step away from others to reset.
- Plan alone time before and after events to help you restore your energy.
Sending you so much love,